Plus, we found deals on Sony’s noise-canceling WH-1000XM4, Logitech‘s LED stream light, the latest Echo Show 8, and more.
a]:text-gray-13″>If you buy something from a Verge link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.
Honestly, I’m as confused as anyone about how a holiday that was initially about honoring fallen soldiers has come to be associated with deals on big-ticket items. Nevertheless, the fact remains that Memorial Day weekend has historically offered some of the best opportunities to save on big appliances and various electronics.
Right now, for example, LG’s new C3 OLED TV is sitting at a new all-time low. The 55-inch model is currently on sale at Amazon, Best Buy, and direct from LG for around $1,695 ($205 off). Smaller and larger configurations are also being discounted ahead of Memorial Day, including the 48-inch panel, which you can buy for $1,299.99 ($203 off) from Best Buy and LG.
In terms of features, LG’s C3 offers new picture modes, more processing power, and new software features like “Quick Cards,” which organize apps and services into categories like gaming and music. At the same time, it retains many of the hallmark features that made the last-gen LG C2 great. That includes a fast 120Hz refresh rate and also support for Dolby Vision, AMD FreeSync Premium, and Nvidia G-Sync. It also continues to feature the kind of excellent black levels, rich contrast, and vivid colors that OLED TVs are known for.
The LG C3 is similar to its last-gen predecessor, the C2, but offers more processing power and new picture modes. Both 4K TVs sport a 120Hz refresh rate and low input lag, along with support for Nvidia G-Sync and AMD FreeSync variable refresh rate tech.
If you can afford to splurge on an even nicer TV, theLG G3 is also on sale. Right now, you can buy the 55-inch model from Amazon or LG for about $2,297 ($204 off), which is a new all-time low.
The G3 is the brightest TV in LG’s current OLED lineup and offers even better viewing angles and picture quality than the C3 series. It’s also more stylish and is designed to be mounted on a wall, which means it doesn’t come with a stand like the C3 does. That said, it offers many of the same features, including excellent gaming specs and support for QMS-VRR, so you can change between different video frame rates without encountering any sort of noticeable picture interruption.
a:hover]:shadow-highlight-franklin [&>a]:shadow-underline-blurple-1″>Read our LG G3 first impressions.
Just because the WH-1000XM4sare no longer Sony’s newest pair of noise-canceling headphones doesn’t mean they aren’t a fantastic option to consider. The WH-1000XM5s offer better noise cancellation, sure, but the last-gen over-ear headphones still tune out noise exceptionally well while offering terrific sound and voice quality. They’re also comfortable to wear for long periods of time and can last up to 30 hours on a single charge. Plus, unlike the newer XM5s, the last-gen model can fold down for easier storage.
Normally $349.99, right now, you can buy the Sony WH-1000XM4for about $278 ($70 off) at Amazon, Best Buy, and Target. You can also get the same discount at Adorama along with a free wireless charger as a part of its Memorial Day sale. That’s one of their better prices to date this year and $70 cheaper than the XM5s, which are currently on sale at Amazon and other retailers for $348 ($51 off).
a:hover]:shadow-highlight-franklin [&>a]:shadow-underline-blurple-1″>Read our Sony WH-1000XM4 review.
These over-ear headphones last up to 30 hours on a single charge and provide a comfortable listening experience with plush ear pads.
With a fresh design, improved comfort, refined sound, and even better active noise cancellation, Sony’s WH-1000XM5 headphones offer a compelling mix of features for their premium price. Read our review.
If your family, colleagues, or even your Twitch audience find it hard to see you on video, Logitech’s Litra Glow can help you avoid getting up and moving somewhere brighter. And right now, you can buy the helpful desktop accessory for $49.99 ($10 off) at Amazon, Best Buy, and B&H Photo, which is one of its better prices to date.
The Litra Glow is a pretty simplistic device. You can attach the USB-powered LED light to your monitor to light up your face, allowing you to show up more clearly while you’re streaming or when you’re on video calls. It’s also customizable using a set of physical controls on the back or using Logitech’s G Hub software, which lets you adjust the brightness, color temperature levels, and other settings so you appear exactly as you wish.
a:hover]:shadow-highlight-franklin [&>a]:shadow-underline-blurple-1″>Read our Logitech Litra Glow review.
The adjustable Logitech Litra Glow is designed to illuminate you while on video and can be mounted on a monitor.
a:hover]:shadow-highlight-franklin dark:[&>a:hover]:shadow-highlight-franklin [&>a]:shadow-underline-black dark:[&>a]:shadow-underline-white”>A few more deals
- You can buy Samsung’s Galaxy Chromebook 2with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and an Intel Celeron 5205U processor on Amazon in gray for $290.61 (about $69 off), which is an all-time low. If you don’t need a lot of power, it’s a good option for everyday work use that comes with a gorgeous QLED panel and decent battery life. Read our review.
- Amazon’s latest Echo Show 8 is back on sale for $74.99 ($55 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. The Alexa-based smart display isn’t all that different from the first-gen model, but it offers faster performance and an improved 13MP camera for making video calls. Read our review.
- If you’re looking for a fun workout, the digital edition of Just Dance 2023 for the Nintendo Switch is down to just $17.99 ($42 off) on Amazon. In the fitness-focused game, players dance along to hits from Harry Styles, Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Lady Gaga, and others.
- Right now, you can buy Satechi’s 200W PD GaN charger for $120 ($30 off) when you use promo code MEMORIAL20. The charger is capable of delivering a maximum of 200 watts across up to six devices at a time, including laptops, smartphones, and other gadgets.
- The Epic Games Store Mega sale rolls on, and now through 11AM ET on June 1st, you can grab a digital copy of Fallout: New Vegas – Ultimate Edition entirely for free. This edition includes the postapocalyptic RPG as well as its various DLC and is the second of four free games Epic plans to offer over the course of the sale.
You must log in to post a comment.