- Bacari-Bronze O’Garro, 18, was banned by a UK judge from filming people without their permission.
- He was also granted a two-year criminal behaviour order and fined £365.
- O’Garro filmed himself breaking into people’s houses and bothering people on the street for TikTok.
A TikToker in the UK was banned by a judge from posting videos unless he gets permission from everybody in them, following a viral video where he entered a stranger’s house without permission and filmed their reaction.
Bacari-Bronze O’Garro, 18, is better known as Mizzy on TikTok, where he built a reputation as a prankster before being kicked off the platform.
His videos showed him walking through people’s front doors without permission, running off with an elderly woman’s dog, and asking women on the street “do you want to die?”
(Previous coverage of O’Garro styled his name differently, as Bacari Ogarro instead of Bacari-Bronze O’Garro.)
Per the BBC, O’Garro appeared at Thames Magistrates Court in London and admitted breaching an earlier court order by making the video.
Per the BBC, the prosecutor said O’Garro was issued with the order last year, after posting several videos where he appeared to be targeting Jewish people. That order, per the report, prohibited him from trespassing on private property.
However, in one video, posted a week ago, O’Garro entered a home in London with a group of his friends, and appeared to scare the occupants. He walked past a woman, who asked him what he was doing, and then yelled for her husband to “come to the front door.”
O’Garro and the others entered the house, and started looking around. At one point he sat on a sofa. O’Garro told a man who came up to confront them that they were looking for a “study group.”
The original post is no longer available, but the video was re-shared to Twitter where it was viewed 29 million times.
—HER (@5lut_) May 17, 2023
The court heard that the couple, who have young children, were distressed by the incident, the BBC reported.
“The victim was unaware that Mr O’Garro was recording the incident,” said the family’s prosecutor Varinder Hayre, according to London’s Evening Standard newspaper.
“He captured the faces of her husband and children. She strongly feels he put her family at risk.”
O’Garro’s lawyer Lee Sergent said his client apologized to the family and was remorseful, the Standard reported.
“He never intended to cause any distress or upset by his actions,” he said. “It is fair to say that he believed what he was doing was a harmless prank.”
Sergent added that O’Garro was “egged on to a certain degree to do ever more content to gain more likes and followers,” and had a difficult upbringing being raised by a single parent, according to the Standard’s report.
“He is an intelligent young man and a young man with some potential,” he said.
The judge, Charlotte Crangle, said she had seen the footage and could understand the couple’s distress, per the Standard.
“I am reassured by the fact that you have expressed remorse, and have gone back and apologized to them,” she said.
Crangle ordered that O’Garro must not post any videos on social media without the permission of everyone in them, and to not trespass on private property, per the Standard. She also handed him a two-year criminal behaviour order, and a fine of £200 fine plus fees of £165.
You must log in to post a comment.